Studentpad will continue to maintain all services during the Covid-19 situation, and remains the best way to find first-rate student accommodation. More information on Covid-19 Hide Message
Affiliated with
Housing Advice - Types of Accommodation
Shared flat or houseYou will have your own room and will share facilities with other housemates, e.g. the bathroom, kitchen, and maybe a living room. Sharing can be a less expensive living option, however, bear in mind that you will be jointly responsible in the contract. 
Living with a resident landlordYou will have your own room and share facilities with the landlord, e.g. the bathroom and kitchen. You will usually have a licence agreement instead of a Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.
Private hallsThese are set up in a similar way to university halls of residence. Private halls are available through a range of companies; the majority will expect the full year's rent payment in advance.
Bedsit/studio flatsYou may prefer to live alone in either a bedsit or a studio. A bedsit is a one-room apartment typically consisting of a combined bedroom and sitting room with cooking facilities. You will expect to share bathroom facilities with other residents in the building. A studio flat is a self-contained space with your own kitchen and bathroom.
House of Multiple Occupation (HMO)A landlord requires a HMO licence if their property: 
  • is rented to 5 or more people who are not in the same family 
  • is at least 3 storeys high
  • tenants share facilities i.e. toilet, bathroom or kitchen
  • the licence ensures the property is fit for its purpose and that there are sufficient facilities for the number of people living there

Student Hub, Imperial College, London, Level 3, Sherfield Building, London, SW7 2AZ
Tel: 020 7594 9444, Email:

Copyright Studentpad Limited © 2020. All rights reserved.

Student accommodation search powered by

Studentpad Ltd
Please Wait...